Monday, January 2, 2012

a brief christmas recap

Sadly, I didn't take too many pictures this Christmas. This is especially sad because Aaron and I were with the whole Clark clan in Tucson, Arizona, which you wouldn't know by the sparse pictures alone (mostly taken by Aaron's iPhone). I took no pictures of my family. I love my family, and therefore I should have taken more pictures of them. Though there is no visual documentation of the fun we had, it was had. Playing Wii, exploring the desert, reading books, hot tubing, cooking delicious food, going out for delicious food, getting facials, playing games, laughing...all in a beautiful home belonging to someone else near the top of the Tucson Mountains where saguaro cactus are in plenty. This was the first time that the whole family--including Aaron, Adrienne, and Kim--was all together. And again, I have no photos.

Another contributor to the lack of photos is that it wasn't until the end of our trip that Christmas Day came, and Aaron surprised me with an awesome DSLR camera! I only got to experiment on some cactus before we headed out and back home to Utah. That will mean more (hopefully) awesome pictures in the future, however, as I now begin the journey of learning how to use a camera!


The Grand Canyon...on a freezing cold, extremely foggy afternoon. This was part of our road trip down to Tucson.








Here is where I would insert all the fun pictures from activities in Arizona that I didn't take...

Aaron insisted on a photo shoot walking out of Sabino Canyon. Amazingly beautiful spot. If you ever go to Tucson, go there! (And to Cafe Poca Cosa)


And here are my experiments with the new camera...




No comments:

Post a Comment