Monday, October 3, 2011

surprises!

Seriously. What is better than surprises? There is something about that energy of knowing something great is going to happen, if you are the one doing the surprising, and the love of knowing someone put time into preparing a surprise for you, if you are on the receiving end.

Aaron and I have recently exchanged surprises.

A few Friday's ago, I surprised Aaron when I picked him up from work. He had been at work from 8:00 a.m. until I was done teaching and able to pick him up...about 6:30 p.m.

Long day? Yes.

Was the surprise a success? Yes.

Pizza on a blanket up on the watershed in the foothills of the mountains that are currently changing from green to red and orange. And not just any pizza....meaty meat pizza.




Okay I know the mountains just look brown in these pictures...but I promise there were a few red bushes....


 We were having trouble with the shadow hand...



This pita triangle really looks like cardboard--and my distressed face doesn't help the cause.


A week later, it was Aaron's turn to do some birthday surprising. "Kissing" the ground I walk on and "showering" me with roses was what I woke up to at about 5:30 a.m. Why so early? I don't know.










Next surprise? An invitation to go to dinner up at the grill at Sundance, with formal dress required by Aaron. And it's not what you may think in that Victoria's Secret bag...unless you were thinking of an AmEx Gift Card with money designated for shopping.

Then, since Aaron was feeling sicky, he decided he could stay home from work, so we went back to sleep. Another nice surprise for both of us.

Dinner was delicious. We looked pretty stellar, but unfortunately, it was too dark outside and too romanticly lit in the restaurant for any pictures. Our waiter secretly asked Aaron what dessert to get me by holding up a piece of paper with option 1, 2, and 3 behind my head and signaling for the desired dessert with hand gestures. Chocolate truffle cake with mint ice cream was a good choice! And it was on the waiter!

Perhaps there will be more surprises coming soon. Our one year anniversary is this weekend! Then Aaron's birthday in November. He sure made it tricky to try to top his act!

No comments:

Post a Comment