Friday, July 1, 2011

more spiders

Why does everyone always say that spiders are more afraid of humans than we are of them? We all know that is completely false. Here is my evidence.

1. Every spider I see while I am in the garden is charging full speed ahead... in my direction. If I am afraid of something, I usually run away. Not spiders. That is because they aren't afraid.

2. If I were afraid of a huge scary monster, but was trying to secretly live in her house, I would not hang down from my little spider's web at the perfect level for said scary monster woman to walk out of the bathroom and run RIGHT into me.

Okay, I confess to being the huge scary monster woman in that story. Luckily, I did not run into the fearless, freaking scary spider. I jumped back and watched it spin around it's little bungee cord, trying to figure out how to kill a floating spider. Oh wait, then the creepy black-widow looking spider death drops to the ground and starts running towards me. Yet again, shouldn't they be running away if they really are afraid?

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... all good arguments. I think you just about have me convinced. The one thing they are afraid of: tissues. They must be able to detect when you have pulled out the tissues or toilet paper because THEN they take off in the other direction... usually right to that place where you can't reach! Hope your spiders start leaving you alone!

    ReplyDelete